Wednesday, September 3, 2008


Wanda has left the building...The Cleveland Clinic that is!

Your prayers are still being answered and I continue to say that God is Able!

When I arrived at the hospital around 11:30 am, they had started her antibiotic through her IV so that had to finish and she still had to go to x-ray to check the picc line. So, I knew it would be a couple hours before we would leave, but 2 hours turned into almost 5.

Not long after I arrived, the case worker came in and said that Medicare would not cover the antibiotic she was being sent home on. She said she would work on it, but "it wouldn't get done today". WHAT? We want her home today. Pray, Pray, Pray. After all we have been through, I know that God will handle this.

We asked that her infectious medicine doctor be paged to see if there was an alternative drug. The nurse returned and said he was in a meeting and would not be able to come up until late afternoon.

We asked that her "advocate" doctor, who was instrumental in setting up her discharge and has shown genuine compassion for her during her stay, be paged.

I decided to get a bite to eat and who did I see in line but the infectious medicine doctor (Do you see God in all of this?). He explained that the oral form would cost more and Medicare wouldn't cover that either. Perhaps she could be admitted into a skilled nursing facility for 7 days while she continues with the med. No, I don't think so. Pray, Pray, Pray.

When I got back to her room, the case worker had been able to get the medication approved! Praise the Lord! However, she set it up for Oberlin and not Mansfield! She'd work on it but "it wouldn't get done today".

Next her "advocate" walks in and said that he understood everything was "OK" now. We told him she could not go because the case worker set everything up for the wrong city. He wasn't too happy about that, nor with the case worker's attitude toward us or him. He said he'd be back. When he returned, he said that she was working on it and correcting what she'd done wrong.

Mommy left for x-ray and we were still praying that her discharge would take place today.

Not long after she left I went to speak to the case worker who was just hanging up the phone and was ecstatic because she had everything set up and the nurse would be out in the morning in Mansfield! She was all smiles and even said "Praise the Lord"! I don't know what the "advocate" said to her, but her whole demeanor changed. I too said Praise the Lord, because I know it was Him who handled this TODAY so that my mom would be discharged.

It felt so good leaving the hospital today. We all feel "lighter". Steph and Livi met us in Oberlin and mommy is now at her "temporary" address in Mansfield.

Thank you Jesus for hearing us when we call.

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. Isaiah 65:23-25

No comments: